Spanish Chat Boosters - students cannot speak if they don't have things they can say! They need far more Spanish and choices to express themselves than most texts provide.
DESCRIPTION: Level 1 and Level 2, 106 pages
- Unique conversation enrichment handouts on 64 themes
- PACKED with 1,000's of questions, sentences, expressions, vocabulary & choices
- Gives students tons to say far beyond the text
- Based on vocabulary themes, grammar, and tenses...but it's all conversational
- Students can speak more in class; react to what happens, tease classmates, ask questions.
- Students can express themselves more and better.
- All the choices allow students to "personalize" their Spanish.
- No rules. No grammar explanations. No forms to figure out or to put together.
- Everything is ready for students to say.
- Students can explore the handouts and advance on their own!
- Supplement text material.
GREAT RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS!
They use them to find things to say. They use them for their homework, projects, dialogues, & skits. They can go ahead and learn more on their own so there is more individualized learning.
HUGE TEACHER TIME-SAVER!
These are the enrichment handouts teachers may have dreamed of writing but never had time to. They can
use whole handouts or small increment at a time for warm-up chats, paired speaking stimuli, "talking" homework, examples for presentations of new material, speaking activities and more. The book can be used for two or more years of Spanish.
SAMPLES OF THE 60 CHARTS:
1. Introductory charts like:
• Do-it-yourself Spanish
• Spanish You Already Know
Spanish - Like Magic (tips on creating "instant" Spanish words)
• 4-page "Mi Pequeña Guía de expresiones (325 expressions for all kinds of situations)
• 6 pages of converstional classroom Spanish; talking about tests, no homework excuses, the teacher's mood, etc.
• Es + 80 adjectives
• Qué + 84 nouns and 87 adjectives (these encourage lots of comments in class) ... and more!
2. conversational vocabulary theme handouts like...
• illness.. and more!
3. fun theme charts like:
• my stuff (locker, backpack, bedroom)
• ¿Te gusta(n)? (190 activities,)
• 3 pages about being at a party
• 2-page chart for creating 1 of 6 dishes with ingredients (la sopa de ___ con __)
• Romantic Spanish ... and more!
4. conversational grammar charts packed with sentence patterns - sentences for various situations based on these but conversational! NO rules! All for speaking!
• reflexive verbs
• D.O. and I.O. pronouns
• interrogatives (2 pages of question patterns + commands
• conditionnel ... and more!
5. conversational verb charts, setnences and/or questions like:
• ir (2 pages of circumstances and uses of IR - all conversationally presented)
• estar expressions and questions
• hacer (58 expressions in YO forms)
• present tense (160 Yo forms)
• irregular verbs (65 Yo forms") ... and more!
AN INDISPENSABLE BOOK FOR ANY SPANISH CLASS TO GET STUDENTS EXCITED ABOUT SPEAKING SPANISH!