Spanish Class Pooch Pal - Spanish Handbook and Activities for a Stuffed Animal Mascot by Sue Fenton.
A TOOL TO GET STUDENTS TALKING! OUTRAGEOUS FUN FOR ALL AGES! Here is a really entertaining way to establish speaking as an everyday class habit and that gets students to speak more. This simple concept can inspire imaginations and creativity in the students and result in a wonderful whole-class dynamic that gets students talking.
This handook tells you how to get started "adopting" your Spanish class mascot or Pooch Pal. It has over 100 ideas for using the Pooch Pal which will open the flood gates of your students' imaginations and senses of humor...and get them speaking Spanish more casually and naturally in the classroom.
COOL CLASS ACCESSORY
A Pooch Pal is any large stuffed animal dog that your Spanish class chooses and officially "adopts" (contract included) to be a class mascot & "ambassador" from a Spanish-speaking country. And it only speaks Spanish! (See photos above to give you ideas for your versatile Spanish-speaking mascot.)
PURPOSE: The students talk TO it or FOR it in Spanish. It's a fun "catalyst" that can be used in unlimited ways in class activities to get students talking.
A POOCH PAL:
- can be motivating for ALL AGES - elementary students to high school students.
- can be PLAYFUL or SOPHISTICATED.
- can role play takes on a new exciting new identity with each class (or each class can have its own mascot.)
- particiaptes in class activities and with procedures.
- can be dressed up and used as a visual or lesson assistant.
create its origen, heritage, ancestors, interests, favorite "everything," etc.
- create its personality and character
- create ever-changing "looks" for it
- use it in their activities and presentations
USING THE POOCH PAL:
This guide shows you how to incorporate your Spanish-speaking mascot in the classroom.
in class procedures (making announcements with signs around its neck; teaching the new word of the day; in giving compliments; distributing mail or handouts, etc.)
- in lessons (holds props or signs in vocabulary, grammar, or culture presentations [Mexican craft, can of frijoles refritos, party hat, toothpaste, mango, tortilla, "Nunca," "Yo TE miro..,"etc.])
- in class activities (takes turns, participates, does assignments, "takes" tests, etc.)
- in simulations (markets, concerts, museums, TV, etc.)
- in role plays (Montezuma, Don Quixote, a film critic on FR 3, a Madrid taxi driver, cashier at El Corte Ingles, rap singer, mariachi, server, museum guide, skier, game show host or contestant, etc.)
- in speaking tasks (set up scenes [cafe, subway, museum, store, podium, etc.] and the students speak to or for your Spanish Mascot)
- in student performances and presentations (in conversations, skits, press conferences, TV show scenes, music videos, interviews, etc.)
THIS HANDBOOK includes:
- Spanish dog-related vocabulary, expressions, sayings, etc.
- 100+ fun ways the dog can participate in class. Presenting grammar, vocabulary, review, skits, introduce culture, speaking, helping with classroom procedures and announcements, cheering on students, dressing it up to enhance themes or events (Carnaval to the Senior Prom) be an extra in skits, etc.
- ways a Pooch Pal gets students to speak French.
- comical accessories and prop ideas
...and many more surprises !
THERE'S NO END TO THE POTENTIAL OF A SPANISH CLASS POOCH PAL !
Paperback, 40 pages.