Lisa と にほん の がっこう: or リサと日本の学校:カタカナ・漢字 エディション:
Lisa and the Japanese School by Matthew Russell and illustrated by Lisa Russell. 2 editions - English and Hiragana or Katakana/Kanji Edition
Lisa follows her love of anime to Japan. On her first day of school she learns about Japan and hopes to make a friend. Will she live happily ever after in Japan? Will she run away to Canada to get away from her embarrassing mother?
Key Features for learners
- Only approximately 75 unique words(not including particles, multiple conjugations, or English words)
- Glossary included at the end of each chapter
- Glossary includes every conjugation of the word used in the corresponding chapter.
- Spreads out introduction of new words throughout the book.
- Short chapters allow for manageable reading chunks as well as a sense of accomplishment.
- Uses English instead of Katakana (only for words based on English) to allow beginners to focus on hiragana and enjoyment of reading.
- One edition - Hiragana / English and the other uses Katakana/Kanji