Oxford Picture Dictionary CD-ROM - Ages 10 - Adult. Beginning to intermediate level interactive CD-ROM - based on The Oxford Picture Dictionary. New version has improved features. This interactive program brings the words and pictures from The Oxford Picture Dictionary to life with sound and animation. Thematic content corresponds to secondary and adult curricula and includes a strong job-skills strand. It offer hundreds of hours of speaking, listening, reading and writing practice. Easy lookup of words, games with customizable activities, randomly-generated tests and a teachers management system with summary and detailed reports on students.
- A built-in word processor encourages students to write and print out their work.
- Games offer motivating reinforcement activities.
- Randomly generated tests for each topic enable targeted testing and multiple retests, facilitating pre- and post-testing.
- A Teacher Management System permits teachers to review and edit student information, as well as view tests and writing.
- A single CD contains both MacintoshTM and WindowsTM Installations, accompanied by a User's Guide.
Oxford Picture Dictionary Hybrid CD-ROM requires: 16MB RAM (32 MB recomm); 256 colors; CD-ROM drive; 10MB free HDS. For PC: 486 or Pent; Windows 98/NT/XP; Sound card. Macintosh: 68040 or Power Mac; OS7.1+.