Sonrisas Spanish Level II Curriculum to teach Spanish to intermediate students grades 1 — 3. Language concepts increase in complexity from Level I, and Level II is organized around seven thematic units.
Here's how it works:
- Level II has the same structure as Level 1—Circle Time, Story Time, and Art Time—with the addition of Partner Time.
- In Partner Time, students work together, using their Spanish, to complete an activity that gives them more practice with language concepts. Partner Time activities engage students in all three modes of communication— interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational.
- Students then practice language concepts and independent reading and writing with the portfolio activities.
Level II Teacher’s Manual
- A comprehensive introduction provides an in-depth look at the methodology and implementation of the curriculum including a step-by-step guide for using the lesson plans.
- Seven Thematic Units guide instruction: Seasons, My School; Numbers; My Family and Friends; Food, Water, and Shelter; A Global Perspective; and Celebrating Diversity.
- 37 Lessons provide enough material for up to 148 class sessions. Lesson plans include lesson overview pages, lesson procedure pages, partner time procedure pages, and art project procedure pages.
- 43 Art Projects reinforce the language concepts for each lesson.
- Lyrics and TPR directions for all the songs on the music CDs are included.
- Reproducibles for all the activities and art projects in the lessons save you time planning.
- The scope and sequence articulates the Communication Objective, Language Outcomes, vocabulary, and grammatical concepts covered in each lesson.
Level II Student Portfolio
- 37 Partner Time activities require students to converse in Spanish to complete a task while they practice the language concepts for each lesson. Partner Time activities engage students in the interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational modes of communication.
- 37 Portfolio activities require students to do independent work to practice the language concepts for each lesson and achieve the communication objective. Portfolio activities can be done in class or assigned for homework.
- Home Reports for each lesson allow parents to see what their child is learning in Spanish. Teachers photocopy and send the reports home to parents. Home Reports also include suggestions for at-home enrichment of lesson themes.
- Formative and summative assessments allow teachers to monitor student learning in order to guide instruction and evaluate student learning using specific metrics.
- The Student Portfolio is fully reproducible and comes in both a hard copy, spiral-bound version and a digital version, making it user-friendly for teachers.
- If you would like to purchase individual copies of the Student Portfolio for your students, call us to inquire about bulk pricing.
Level II Resource CD
- 167 visual aids and reproducibles insure that every lesson is engaging and effective. Images and reproducibles are included for all of the lesson activities, art projects, and Partner Time activities. They save teachers tons of time planning and preparing.
- Teachers can share visual aids with students who are using Chromebooks or iPads.
- The Resource CD also contains a digital version of the Student Portfolio for easy printing.