French Pooch Pal - French Handbook & Activities for a Stuffed Animal Class Mascot by Sue Fenton, M Ed
PURPOSE: The students talk TO it or FOR it in French. It's a fun "catalyst" that can be used in unlimited ways in class activities to get students talking.
can be motivating for ALL AGES - elementary students to high school students.
can be PLAYFUL or SOPHISTICATED.
can role play takes on a new exciting new identity with each class (or each class can have its own mascot.)
particiaptes in class activities and with procedures.
can be dressed up and used as a visual or lesson assistant.
create its origen, heritage, ancestors, interests, favorite "everything," etc.
- create its personality and character
- create ever-changing "looks" for it
- use it in their activities and presentations
in class procedures (making announcements with signs around its neck; teaching the new word of the day; in giving compliments; distributing mail or handouts, etc.)
in lessons (holds props or signs in vocabulary, grammar, or culture presentations [artist palatte, chef's hat and wooden spoon, party hat, toothpaste, cabbage, baguette, "Jamais," "Je VOUS regarde..," celery - celui-ci, celui-la etc.])
in class activities (takes turns, participates, does assignments, "takes" tests, etc.)
- in simulations (markets, concerts, museums, TV, etc.)
- in role plays (FranÃ§ois I, Jean-Paul Sartre, a film critic on FR 3, a Paris taxi driver, cashier at Galeries Lafayette, rap singer, server, museum guide, skier, game show host or contestant, etc.)
- in speaking tasks (set up scenes [cafe, subway, museum, store, podium, etc.] and the students speak to or for your French Mascot)
- in student performances and presentations (in conversations, skits, press conferences, TV show scenes, music videos, interviews, etc.)
THIS HANDBOOK includes:
an adoption contract
a list of 200 French dog names
- French dog-related vocabulary, expressions, sayings, etc.
- 100+ fun ways the dog can participate in class. Presenting grammar, vocabulary, review, skits, introduce culture, speaking, helping with classroom procedures and announcements, cheering on students, dressing it up to enhance themes or events (Mardi Gras to the Senior Prom) be an extra in skits, etc.
- ways a Pooch Pal gets students to speak French.
- comical accessories and prop ideas
- hilarious gags
...and many more surprises !
THERE'S NO END TO THE POTENTIAL OF A FRENCH CLASS POOCH PAL !
Paperback, 40 pages.