Les Triplettes de Belleville - Cinéphile - Student Edition, Etude de films en français is a series of workbooks specifically developed for French language students. The series facilitates the integration of films in language courses while reinforcing basic vocabulary and grammar structures. By targeting the four communicative goals; listening, speaking, reading and writing, it serves as an excellent tool for language learners.
Organization of the Book
• Introduction: Introduces general film vocabulary, film synopsis and main characters of the film.
• Previewing: Introduces vocabulary and main themes of the film as well as a presentation of several of grammar structures which establish the base vocabulary and grammar concepts of the workbook. The Professor’s Manual includes Aller plus loin questions for further discussion of the film.
• Postviewing: Tests the students’ comprehension of the film while reinforcing the vocabulary and grammar structures presented in the previewing activities. Includes a reading sample developed for language students, the study of stills and word games. The Professor’s Manual includes Aller plus loin questions for further discussion of the film.
• Culture: Continues reinforcing vocabulary and grammar structures and highlights cultural themes of the film. Provides contextualized activities as well as research topics related to the cultural themes of the film. The Professor’s Manual includes Aller plus loin questions for further discussion of the film.
• Glossary: Includes expanded vocabulary lists presented in French/English and English/French versions in order to minimize students’ need for supplementary reference books.
• For the teacher: Offers a sample composition outline and a sample exam to test students’ comprehension of the film and material studied in the workbook.