Cinema for Spanish Conversation Third Edition - This exciting book is designed for courses in which outstanding films from the Spanish speaking world are used as springboards for classroom discussion. In this way, students hear Spanish the way it is spoken and are encouraged to converse about the social and cultural aspects of Spanish-speaking cultures around the world. Each of the sixteen movies covered in the book have been selected for their high quality, interest, cultural value and most are available from World of Reading on DVD.
Each chapter is devoted to one movie, and contains appropriate vocabulary, cultural notes, special terms for conversation and composition, a focus on a specific scene for structured discussion or writing, questions for review and understanding, as well as optional reading sections from directors or critics. This text is especially useful for courses in Spanish conversation, composition, culture, and film, as well as for non-credit community courses and language refreshers.
The third edition of Cinema for Spanish Conversation includes the same stimulating exercises and conversation materials that have made the first two editions successful among students and instructors alike. The text is designed to be used in courses in which outstanding films from the Spanish-speaking world are used as springboards for classroom Spanish-language discussion. Using high-interest feature films, students hear Spanish as it is spoken in different countries and in a wide variety of situations and are encouraged to listen to and converse about the social and cultural aspects of Spanish-speaking countries around the world.
Changes in the Third Edition
- Five new films: La misma luna, Arráncame la vida, Machuca, Flores de otro mundo, and Volver.
- Five new readings with activities in the section Más allá de la pantalla for the five new films.
- Introductory information about each film, its actors and directors, has been updated.
- The exercises and activities have been re-assessed throughout and in some cases revised.
The films covered are:
1. Bajo la Misma Luna (Under the Same Moon) - Buy the dvd
2. Arráncame la Vida
3. Como agua para chocolate (Like Water for Chocolate) - Buy the dvd
4. Hombres armados (Men with Guns)
5. El Norte - Buy the dvd
6. Maria llena eres de gracia (Maria full of grace) Buy the dvd
7. Diarios de motocicleta (Motorcycle Diaries) Buy the dvd
8. La historia oficial (Official Story) Buy the dvd
9. Machuca Buy the dvd
12. Belle Epoque Buy the dvd
13. Flores de otro mundo Buy the dvd
14. Todo sobre mi madre (All About my Mother) Buy the dvd
15. Mar adentro (The Sea Inside) Buy the dvd
16. Volver Buy the dvd
Paperback, 282 pages.
TeacherÂ’s Manual/Key: The TM/Key for this text is not available for sale and cannot be purchased. It is available only to instructors who have adopted this text for their courses, and whose schools have purchased the books for their students. A copy of the TM/Key is included gratis with any book order of 5 or more copies for the students.