Describe it Thumball - White/multicolored, 12 panels. Describe It! Thumball (4") Multilingual version - Toss it. Catch it. Look at the panel under your thumb. Explore shapes, numbers & colors. Learn to describe in any target language! Concept by Amanda Seewald, M.Ed. Get a free Activity Sheet with the thumball to customize an activity to suit your specific educational goals. Players respond to the panel under their thumb by describing what they see. The level of difficulty and information required can vary based on the linguistic skill of the players. This will stimulate students’ abilities to describe items and their qualities in the target language. The greatest thing about Describe It Thumball is that it can be used in any language and with any level of students to support different aspects of language learning. In all settings and classrooms, the Describe It Thumball will provide a fun, interactive, kinesthetic learning experience to inspire your class.
KEEP YOUR THUMBALL SECURE! DON'T CUT OFF THE LABELS! Write your name on the name tag label. Use the loop.
What's Thumball? High quality, soft, stuffed (not inflated), soccer-style balls are safety tested (ages 3 & up), easy to toss & catch and pleasing to the touch. Give your own answer or ask someone in the group for the best in interactive learning and fun. Classrooms, camps, workshops, senior centers, reunions, therapy rooms... Thumball is there to start the conversation!
Ages: 3 to 100
Number of Players: 1 to 100
Goal: To have the most fun thinking and communicating.
Play Thumball™ anywhere: at home, in the car, at school, work and parties. Enjoy Thumball™ as you would any type of ball: Throw it! Catch it! Now, look under your thumb and react to the word, phrase, or graphic found there.
If your thumb lands on the title space or Shnoogie space select any space to respond to, it’s Your Choice! Every Thumball design has suggested ways to play from Easy to Hard, from Difficult to Challenge making it possible to work with varied ability levels at the same time.
For all Thumball Designs, 4 Initials Ways to React:
- Respond to the panel under your thumb by answering for yourself.
- Respond by asking another player to answer.
- Predict the answer another player would give.
- Once a group has played together several times you can add the challenge of recalling an answer provided by another player on a previous day.
For More Thumball Fun
- Roll, pass, toss, or kick Thumball™ among players.
- Circulate Thumball™ clockwise, counterclockwise or random direction.
- Specify right thumb, left thumb or the finger of your choice to play the game.
- Players can respond to the space themselves or ask another player to respond.
- Select time limits for responses and length of game.
- To add competition, players can earn and/or lose points for each response.