Music of the Andes CD
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Music of the Andes CD - In celebration of Putumayo World Music’s 20th anniversary, they return to our South American roots with a collection exploring the enchanting music of the Andes.
Traditional Andean music offers modern listeners an aural connection to the pre-Columbian era when this vast mountainous region was populated exclusively by indigenous cultures. In the 1960s, the sounds of the Andes were embraced by Latin American intellectuals involved in social and political movements. After the global success of Simon & Garfunkel’s hit “El Condor Pasa” in 1970, large numbers of Andean musicians facing political and economic challenges emigrated and found appreciative audiences performing on North American and European city streets. Contemporary Andean music today owes its complexity and richness to the vast array of instruments, rhythms and genres that have evolved there over the centuries. 1% of Putumayo’s sales will be contributed to Whole Planet Foundation in support of their microcredit initiatives in Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and around the world.
- 1.Suni Paz - "A la Huella" - (Argentina)01:00
- 2.Alejo Garcia - "Peregrino de Tu Cielo" - (Colombia)01:00
- 3.Tribus Futuras - "Hijos del Viento" - (Ecuador)01:00
- 4.Dueto Nocturnal - "Compañero" - (Colombia)01:00
- 5.Peña - "El Condor Pasa" - (Peru)01:00
- 6.Punto Nazca - "Linda Boliviana" - (Bolivia)01:00
- 7.Pascuala Ilabaca y Fauna - "Diablo Rojo Diablo Verde" - (Chile)01:00
- 8.Viva Quetzal - "Caballo Viejo" - (Chile)01:00
- 9.La Populär - "Landino" - (Chile)02:16
- 10.Marta Gómez - "Carnavaliando" - (Colombia)01:00
- 11.Rumillajta - "El Sicuri" - (Bolivia)01:00